Making Fruit Carving In Any Weather

>>  3/08/2013

Long winter seems never end here. Having snowstorms in March and April is usual business in Sakhalin. 
Last wekeend was hard to me, I had 4 days busy with fruit carving work and 2 of them were while a severe snowstorm. 

I didn't cancel the order at the blizzard day because I had a client driving a hundred kilometers to take the fruit carving display. 
That was a crazy weekend, I couldn't get home (I live in suburb, the road was closed and no transportation run). A friend of mine picked me up after my job and gave me a shelter in the city. 

When you look at fruit carving pictures, you might think they were made in a paradisal resort place. I bet you don't care what is going on outside the room :)

Inside
Paradisal birds and frangipani flowers carving

Wedding fruit carving display

I like to add frangipani flowers to my displays.
It was good to have a chance to learn the flowers in Chiang Mai

Fruit buffet with watermelon and vegetable bird sculptures

Meantime outside

a city square

walking the city in the snowstorm

walking the empty traffic road, no pedestrian lanes yet

Windy, snowing and no roads

Some funny pictures shared after the snowstorm

a guy looks for his car, it should be parked here

the car is found!
a map with marks where to dig out cars

the map was correct!

Want to get back to paradise?


Fruit display for birthday




7 коммент. :

Kit @ i-lostinausten March 8, 2013 at 10:11 AM  

WOW! The wedding fruit carving is soo beautiful! Amazing well done! Oh my! that's lots of snow! BTW you look great & dare to ventured outside in snowstorm! :D

Amila March 8, 2013 at 9:10 PM  

wedding display looks so amazing...Love to see frangipani flowers,one of my favourites...
oh!cant imagine how it is with lot of snow!

Kathleen Richardson March 9, 2013 at 3:35 PM  

Not much sense in digging out the cars, is there, since the roads are probably unpassable. Wow, hard to believe that the people who wanted the wedding carving actually made it there. It certainly was worth it. What a beautiful display, Selena.

Selena Ze Arteest March 9, 2013 at 4:48 PM  

@Kit, Thanks! I look like a snowman here :) I have no bed in my office, but a blanket for an emergence, But I didn't like the idea to stay at my job overnight wrapped in the blanket :)

Selena Ze Arteest March 9, 2013 at 4:52 PM  

@Amy, frangipani flowers looks pretty, I love them too. Thanks!
Having this much snow is terrible :))

Selena Ze Arteest March 9, 2013 at 5:32 PM  

@Kathleen, a digged out car is visible to snow removal vehicals so they don't damage the car, otherwise it looks like a snowbank. Second, fresh snow is easy to fight (comparing with pressed snow). As far as the roads are clear you can move at least.
Kathleen, thanks for sharing your thoughts! The first display was a 'take out', made for the hundred kilometers client. The second big one was made for a fruit buffet in a hotel restaurant.

Unknown March 17, 2013 at 10:29 AM  

Интересные фото, как люди отгребают свои машины!!!:)Тут в Италии, в том году, было почти тоже самое! Мне так не хватало снега!!!!
Мыло такое все прекрасное, что аж жалко его использовать!пока!

Post a Comment

LEAVING A COMMENT CREATES GOOD KARMA

Tasty Query - recipes search engine

Food Communities

Carving on Foodista Half Hour Meals All recipes are on Petitchef All Cooking Sites

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP